School, 23rd Street near Lombard, ca. 1913
Built in 1838, known as HAMILTON SCHOOL and then 23RD STREET PRIMARY SCHOOL, in 1850 became known as the SOUTHWESTERN SCHOOL, until 1906 when it was named the ANNA HALLOWELL SCHOOL after the first woman elected to the Philadelphia Board of Education. Renovated in 1898, demolished in the 1920's.
(from THE PUBLIC SCHOOL BUILDINGS OF THE CITY OF PHILADELPHIA FROM 1745 TO 1845, by Franklin Davenport Edmunds, 1913.)